Blackheads have always been bothersome for me since the tide of puberty. I have come to terms that a good skin care regimen is necessary and must be strictly followed! I have fairly large pores round my nose and chin area. It gets pretty oily once in a while as well and I find it very bothersome.
Here’s a product review to My Scheming Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask Set. This black facial mask set comes from Taiwan and has recently been growing popular across Asia and here in the Philippines as well! Thanks to Agent Dolly, I now have the opportunity to try this one out myself!
As you can see the packaging is written mainly in Chinese but the good thing about it is that the instructions are also in English. As you can see there’s Ella from a Taiwanese girl band S.H.E as the cover model. There’s a silver verification code at the side of the box to which you can check for its authenticity by scratching it and typing the code at their official website.
It is a three step process that is why there are three components (all are labelled) to which you must follow according to the instructions provided.
Here’s the list of ingredients and their purpose:
1. Deep Pore Sebum Softener 20ml
Ingredients: Aloe extract, green tea extract, papain
Penetrates pores deeply to quickly dissolve accumulated sebum, dirt and dead skin, and to promote normal skin metabolism and tone skin.
2. Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask 60ml
Ingredients: Charcoal powder, vitamin B5
Natural active bamboo charcoal provides superior absorption capability and helps control sebum secretion to give you translucent, glowing skin. The mask uses mainly charcoal made from moso bamboo, which has a refined structure and is rich in minerals. The color of the mask comes naturally from the charcoal.
3. Skin Clarifying Pore Treatment Essence 20ml
Ingredients: Vitamins B3 & B5, urea, lactic acid
Deeply moisturizes and hydrates skin while minimizing pores. Restores skin elasticity for more supple, radiant and healthier skin.
Here’s my before after photo (Sorry about the lighting inconsistency) to which the results are slightly visible. My pores cleared out and aren’t that noticeable anymore. The carbon mask itself is quite firm than the other peel off masks. You can see what came out on the bottom photo which are very fine facial hair and minor blackheads. To tell you the truth I decided to forego my usual skincare regimen for two weeks just for the sake of accumulating more than usual whiteheads.
This is how I did mine:
- Prep your face first by doing the necessary facial cleansing from.
- I highly recommend you steam your face prior to doing this so the pores would open up. If you don’t know how then try doing this the DIY way with how to steam your face.
- Be sure to pat dry and then massage the Deep Pore Sebum Softener (Solution 1) for 2-3 minutes on the desired area.
- Apply the Blackhead Removal Activated Carbon Mask (Solution 2) and wait for it to completely dry before you start peeling it off. You’ll know it’s ready when it ain’t sticky and it gets stiff and stretchy.
- Peel it off slowly from the corners.
- Use the Skin Clarifying Pore Treatment (Solution 3).
- You are done!
That’s it! Isn’t it that simple? I recommend you try this on a self-pampering day while doing Netflix and chill. My estimate would be that this set would be good for around 10 applications if you’re doing specific areas. If you are looking for a blackhead removal mask such as this , you can go purchase one from Agent Dolly, a trusted seller for beauty products!